Aug 4, 2015Suc

August 4, 2015
Dearest Liam,

We are in celebration mode over here, because your (beastly) second molar just popped through. What a relief, because I'm sick with a nasty cold and we leave for our long trek to the U.S. tomorrow. It is going to take about 30 hours (with a 12 hour layover in Orlando), but I am so excited to get out there!

Your Vovó Hooch has gone to town- buying a brand new crib and high chair, 3 plastic cars (legitimately for you to ride in type cars), a trampoline, a swing, a water station (not sure what you call it), and tons more. I'm not sure there has been a more spoiled baby. Being the first grandchild has its perks, lucky you! Everyone can't wait to see you, and I can't wait to show you off. Haha.

My new favorite thing is when you walk into the room or I come to take you out of your crib I'm greeted by an enthusiastic, "HIIIIiiiiiii!!" You will also wave whenever you want to peace out, or if someone says "tchau" "bye-bye" or the ever dangerous words, "nigh-nigh" (goodnight.)

You also love playing with any type of ball. You pick it, chuck it (with impressive force might I add), then run after it panting. Only to do it 5 million more times. Approximately.

Your favorite thing in the entire world is leaving the apartment. Anywhere. If you hear the door open, or see Alex or I putting on our shoes, or hear the elevator arrive for our neighbors, you just book it to the door and refuse to budge. The door and frame is covered in your handprints. So we usually ride down with Alex when he leaves for work and watch him drive away. Immediately when we open the door you bust out of there, screaming excitedly. Prettttty funny.

Usually everyday we will go walk around downstairs, playing the different playgrounds and dipping our feet in the pool, or even swimming. You love to follow the older kids around, but are usually shy at first. This shy side is coming out more and more, but you warm up pretty quick.

I now only nurse you 2-3 times a day, before naps and bedtime. I'm not sure how we are going to wean, because you are really attached! But we nurse in the family room, then I put you you in your crib sleepy so that you learn to fall asleep in your own. Sometimes it takes an hour, but you are usually content in there doing who knows what. Whatever it is, apparently it is pretty hilarious because you are always giggly about it. You get really giggly when you are tired and nursing, I love it!

Eating is getting better, but I think a major problem is that I never bought a high chair. So we just spoon feed you, but typically we are chasing you around to do so. I avoided the high chair because of our limited space, but I kinda regret it to be honest.

Well that's it for now! I'm hoping to get a nap in too, since I only slept 3 hours last night.

Love you!
V
Sucking in?










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reminder

June 18, 2015

Birth Story