Reminder

I need to remember that right now, you are my primary job. The cleaning can wait. The emails can pile up. The meals can be ordered. But no one else is going to be your mom, and no one else is ever going to love you as much as I do. I also bet no one else is ever going to find as much joy in your little smile or contagious giggle. No one will quite crave holding you while you doze like I do.


While I'm at it, no one else will change more of your dirty diapers, or spend more midnight hours feeding you. No other woman will lose as much hair or sleep over him (I hope.) No one will ever spend as much time dressed in your spit up or soaked in your drool.


This hump was a great reminder to slow down and appreciate all of it because while I love a well-checked to do list and a beautifully clean home, my real formula for happiness is your smile, little fingers, and sleepy head resting on my shoulder.

Thanks, little one, for being the most darling of babies we could have imagined. Thanks for lighting up my day. We love you so!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 18, 2015

Birth Story